Find the Best Universities Offering Distance Learning MBA Program in Kerala
Kerala is the state which is known for its highest literacy rate in the country. Considering the educational aspect, the professional and fresh graduates of the city highly demand distance education MBA program. So, if you are residing in Kerala and looking for a distance learning MBA program, then you have landed at the right place. There are top universities and colleges which offer distance learning MBA programs in Kerala.
Learning Shala presents you the list of top 10 universities that offer distance learning MBA programs in Kerala. All the crucial aspects of different universities, like eligibility criteria, admission procedure, fee structure, etc., are given in the following content.
NMIMS is known for providing the best quality distance learning education program to its students. NMIMS has a good number of study centers across the country. It uses online classroom sessions to deliver MBA lessons to its enrolled students.
The applicant must have done graduation, scored at least 50% marks, and have 2 years of work experience, or he must have scored 50% marks in Bachelor’s and in PG and have 1 year of work experience.
- The applicant must obtain an application form from NMIMS authorized Enrolment partners.
- They can apply and pay the required fees online.
- They have to submit an application form along with the required documents at the enrolment center.
- NMIMS will conduct a personal interview, and the students have to carry original documents at the time of the interview.
- The students have to pay Rs 250000 in 3/6/9/12 installments.
- They also have to pay Rs 1500/- for an application form.
Key points about NMIMS
- It is a reputed university which offers a good start to student’s careers by giving them placements.
- It also offers an MBA degree equivalent PGDM program.
- It conducts virtual classroom sessions that allow the face to face interactions.
- IndiaMart, Essel, ESRI, etc are the hiring partners of NMIMS.
IGNOU is the world’s largest Open University, which offers various distance learning programs to students at a reasonable cost. IGNOU is known for adopting and implementing technological advancements in teaching students. It uses advanced technologies like Interactive radio counselling, visual aids, Gyan Darshan channel, etc. to teach lessons to MBA students.
- A general category student must have scored a 50% score in his or her graduation. There is a relaxation of 5 % in case the student belongs to SC/ST.
- The interested students can apply for IGNOU’s MBA program through its official website.
- The applicants must go through the prospectus before applying for the program to have a better understanding of the curriculum.
- The students must qualify for the OPENMAT entrance test conducted by the university.
- The fee charged by IGNOU for its MBA program is Rs 37,800/-.
Key Points about IGNOU
- The university offers course-wise registration for its various management programs.
- The university also allows students to finish the course within 8 years.
3. Sikkim Manipal University
Among top-rated educational institutions in India, one is Sikkim Manipal University, which offers the highest quality distance learning MBA programs to its enrolled students. Its MBA programs are highly appreciated and accepted by both government and the private sector world. It got recognized by UGC-DEB. It offers the following specializations in its MBA programs, i.e., Finance, Marketing, Operation Research, Supply Chain, Project, Banking, International Business, etc.
- The applicant must be a graduate, and he or she has to qualify for the SMAT entrance test to get admission.
- The applicants have to download, fill and submit an application form on the official website of SMU
- He or she also needs to score cut-off marks in the SMAT Exam to get admission in the MBA program.
- The students have to pay Rs 16,250/- per semester and Rs 5000/- as examination fee.
Key points about the university
- Mainstream MBA entrance test scores like XAT, CAT, GMAT, MAT, etc are also accepted by SMU.
- Reputed companies like Accenture, IBM, Tech Mahindra, ING, etc are the hiring partners of the university.
4. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
The premier management institute of the country, Symbiosis, offers a distance learning management program to its enrolled students at an affordable cost. Its curriculum is designed to meet modern-day needs and trends.
- The students must have done graduation in any discipline except fine arts and oriental languages.
- The international students can also apply if they have done graduation from a recognized board or university.
- It also conducts the SCDL entrance exam every year for admissions in PDGBA programs.
- Mainstream entrance exam scores like CAT, GMAT, CAT, XAT, etc are also accepted by Symbiosis for admissions.
- The final year students can also apply for the program.
- The applicants must purchase and go through the prospectus before applying for the Symbiosis distance learning MBA program.
- The students can apply and pay the required registration fee online.
- The applicants can also visit SCDL offices to get the application form and prospectus.
- The students have to pay the first installment of the tuition fee to get confirmation about the admission.
- Students having admission queries can also email us about the same.
- The students have to pay RS 52000/- in 2 installments.
Key points about Symbiosis
- Symbiosis is best known for conducting placement drives. They have the highest placement ratio as compared to other big universities.
- It offers an MBA degree equivalent PGDBA program with fields of specialization like Human resource, Finance, Marketing, operation, Management accounting, Customer Relationship Management, etc.
5. Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University is offering high-quality distance programs since 1995. The university aims to boast the required skills of the students through distance learning. This university is central and has received all the accreditations and credentials.
- The applicant must be graduated from any recognized university in India.
- Graduation pattern can be 3 years degree, 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 format.
- The applicants have to download, fill, and send the form to University Director with attached Demand Draft of RS 100.
- The admissions start from the first week of June till the end of September, and students can apply directly from the website.
- There is no entrance test.
- Documents to be attached with the application forms are include attested copies of graduation certificate, transfer certificate, mark statement, and consolidated mark sheet.
- Students have to pay Rs 45,000 for 2 years.
- Students opting for online mode for fee payment have to pay Rs 25,000 for 2 years.
Key points about Symbiosis
- In the online system, students are not provided with hard copies, and the study material is available on a web portal online.
- Fee concession is provided to defence personnel, physically handicapped, transgender, widows, and prisoners. The candidate is required to submit proof from concerned authorities.
- It offers classes in the twinning mode for students at study centres located at Pondicherry, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Patna, etc.
6. Kerala University
Kerala University was established in the year 1937 and it was promoted by Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore. Accredited by NAAC ‘A’ grade, this university serves more than 7000 students every year. The goal of the university is to provide high-quality education to senior citizens, women, and underprivileged sections of the country.
- The applicant must have done graduation from a recognized university with at least 50% marks.
- There is no age limit or restriction.
- The university considers MAT score as a basis for admissions.
- The applicants can get the prospectus from any of its study centers.
- The cost of the prospectus is Rs 250/-.
- All the notifications about the admissions will be published on the university's official website.
- The university charges Rs 30,000/- for its MBA program (7500 per semester).
Key Points about the university
- The university offers the following field of specialization in its distance MBA program i.e. Finance, Management, HR, Systems and international business management, and Media Management.
- The students can get the syllabus of the MBA program by paying Rs 25/- through DD to the Directorate of Distance Education, Kerala University.
7. Annamalai University
Annamalai University’s Distance Education Department was established in the year 1979. This university offers more than 200 programs both in the distance and regular modes. This university is among the top distance learning universities list because of the features like best teaching faculty, networks of study centers across the country, infrastructure, etc.
- The applicant must be a graduate from a recognized university.
- The patterns of 10 + 2 + 3 and 10 + 2 + 4 are only accepted. The graduate degree of 2 years is not accepted.
- There is no age restriction.
- The applicants have to obtain the prospectus and application form by paying Rs 500/- either from the university or from study centres.
- The applicant has to pay Rs 600/- through DD to the Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University if they want to receive an application by post.
- The applicant must read the application form and attach all required documents before sending the same to the university.
- The applicant has to pay Rs 26000/- from a distance MBA program (Rs 6500 per semester).
Key Points about the university
- The university offers a General MBA program in English and Tamil language. All other courses are offered in the English language only.
- It offers its MBA program in the following fields of specialization i.e. Information system, Human resource management, Hospital Management, E-business, Finance Management, International Business, Marketing Management, etc.
8. Suresh Gyan Vihar University
Suresh Gyan Vihar University is the first one in Rajasthan to get an 'A' grade from NAAC. This university is approved by AICTE and UGC-DEB. This university is also approved by WES which further helps graduates who are looking for opportunities in countries like the US and Canada. The MBA program designed by the university suits industrial trends and needs which helps in giving a kick start to the career growth of professionals or entrepreneurs.
- The applicant must have scored at least 50% marks in graduation
- The applicants can apply through the study centres of the university or directly through the website.
- They have to download and fill the application form.
- They also have to attach necessary documents along with the application form.
- They have to pay the fee through credit card, debit card, or DD.
- The students will be allotted ID, admission letter, course material, and study kit within 2 weeks via courier.
- The students have to pay Rs 62400 in a lump sum or Rs 20400 per semester.
- The university conducts interactive and live training sessions to provide exposure to the students.
- The exams are based on a 70/30 pattern which means 70 marks in theory and 30 marks for assignment or practical.
9. University of Calicut
This is the oldest university of Kerala which was started in the year 1969. This university is approved by UGC-DED and more than 400 colleges are affiliate with it. it offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, diploma, and certificate programs in around 35 departments.
- The applicant must have done graduation from a UGC or AICTE recognized university.
- The graduation pattern must be 10 + 2 + 3 or 10 + 2 + 4.
- The general category student must have scored at least 50% in graduation whereas there is a relaxation of 5% to SC/ST students.
The applicants have to download the application form from the official website of the university. They have to attach the following documents along with the application and send the same to the university via courier or post
- Admission fee receipt.
- 12th mark sheet.
- Graduation mark sheet.
- Transfer certificate.
- 5 envelopes with self-address written on it.
- Caste certificate (If any)
The students will be given admissions based on the CUMAT entrance test score.
Key Points about the university
- The study material for the MBA program is given on the online portal and it is also sent to the home address of the student.
- The university also offers spot online verification of the certificate and mark sheets.
- The students whether they are regular or distant ones, have to attend a single examination.
10. B.R Ambedkar Open University
B.R. Ambedkar Open University was earlier known as Andhra Pradesh Open University. This university has study centres in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- The applicant must have scored at least 50% marks in graduation.
- The students have to apply through the official website of the university.
- The application form along with the required documents must be submitted at any of the study centers.
- 10th class certificate.
- Intermediate certificate
- Graduation certificate and mark sheet.
- Caste certificate if any.
- They have to make payments at TS online or AP Online Centres as the study centres do not accept fee payments.
- They also have to crack an entrance test, group discussion, and interview to become eligible for the MBA program at the university.
- The students have to pay Rs 20,150/- for a regular MBA (2 instalments).
- They have to pay Rs 1,20,000 for MBA in hospital and healthcare management and Rs 3200/- for PGDM (marketing management and business finance).
Key points about the university
- The university offers multi-media teaching which contains audio lessons on its website portal. They also sent study material to the student's home address. The lessons are also broadcasted on AIR.
This is the list of universities and colleges that offer distance MBA courses in Kerala. LearningShala provides complete detail about colleges and universities to the interested students.
Why choose Learning Shala for the distance learning MBA program?
Learning Shala is a portal which provides all the necessary information about various college and universities offering distance learning program to the interested students. We aim to guide students in getting admission to top colleges or universities in India. Our focus is not only to guide students but their parents too.
We provide all the necessary information so that the parents can carefully take the right decision of selecting the right institution for their ward. Our platform also helps big institutes in selecting highly motivated deserving students.
Our portal contains information about more than 100 colleges and courses, which include fields like arts, commerce, management, and engineering, etc. The interested people can also look for certificate and diploma level professional courses at Learning Shala.
So, students who wish to pursue distance MBA colleges in Kerala should explore Learning Shala to have complete information about various colleges and courses.