Professionalism is a quality that cannot be inherited in a day or over a short term. It is an innovative result of continuous efforts and can only be urged by gaining both practical as well as theoretical knowledge. Professional skills can be gained by practical experiences faced while a job. Still, theoretical knowledge can be mastered by pursuing a professional course, and distance MBA is the most recommended and highly valuable post-graduation course to gain knowledge as well as skills to become a successful Manager.
Now the University Grants Commission (UGC) approves Distance MBA programs in India. The UGC (Online Courses) Regulations, 2018, has made it equivalent to regular MBA, and all institutes offering online Distance learning programs should have a minimum National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) score of 3.26 on the 4-point scale. We are the best education portal for MBA and B.Ed course in Delhi NCR and India, have come up with a platform to assist students in opting best distance MBA course according to their profile and carrier requirements. We have also accumulated complete information related to Distance MBA India to assist you in having a firm decision to opt for the best distance MBA and bring a transition in your career.
Introduction to Distance MBA course
Distance MBA is a government recognized postgraduate degree. An affordable and flexible professional degree assists you in developing managerial skills and traits within you.
Distance MBA program is the best opportunity for students who are not financially sound and can\'t quit the job to pursue a regular MBA because it offers flexibility to study at any time and place of your convenience and also offers an opportunity to co-relate learned skills with day to day activities at the office.
Top-notch distance MBA colleges of India offer online MBA, correspondence MBA in offline mode, or a hybrid of both types in distance mode. Nowadays, all universities that are offering distance MBA courses are regulated by UGC, which takes complete control over the course for offering better quality education in distance MBA with placement.Some of the best colleges offering Distance MBA :
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)Â
- IMT GHAZIABADÂ
- Symbiosis center for distance learning, SCDL Pune
- IGNOU, Indra Gandhi National Open University
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Chandigarh University
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management
- Amity University
- Lovely Professional University, LPU
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University
Eligibility Criteria for pursuing a distance MBA in India-The eligibility criteria for two years distance MBA admission is mention below:-
- The candidate must be graduate from a recognized college or university with a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- Candidates having scores of national level examinations including CAT, XAT, state-level common entrance examinations are given preference over others for admission.
- Some colleges conduct their entrance exam for the course.
- Candidates with work experience are preferred over fresh graduates.
Top 10 Distance MBA colleges in India
Distance MBA is a two years post-graduate degree that offers fresh graduates and working professionals an opportunity to pursue an MBA with continuing their job. In distance MBA, students can study from any place and time of their choice, gain management knowledge and upgrade their job profile Read more ( Redirect to Top 10 distance MBA college in india )MBA entrance exam are :
Admission Procedure of Distance MBA
Admission in Distance MBA in India in most of government or private institutions is made based on marks obtained by the candidate in graduation, SSC and HSSC. However, few universities offering distance MBA in Delhi with placement conduct their entrance exam at the national level to admit students in the course. Distance MBA from IGNOU is one of the universities offering admission in MBA in distance through entrance exam and offering the cheapest MBA in India.
Distance MBA in India Duration
The duration of an MBA by distance learning mode is two years, which is divided into four semesters. However, in distance mode, each candidate is offered a relaxation to complete his degree in a time span of four years.
Types of Distance MBA colleges in India
Human Resource Ministry of India has allowed only below mentioned six types of institutions to offer distance MBA. These MBA universities in India for distance learning include-
Distance Education Institutions (DEIs) at Institutions of National Importance
Central Universities - These universities are controlled directly by the central government and take admission through entrance exams or merit and are considered as best institute for distance MBA in India. They offer cheapest distance MBA in India.
State Universities - These universities are controlled directly by the state government and admit students through entrance exams and merit. These are one of the best MBA distance education universities
Deemed to be Universities - These are autonomous universities and are given the status of university by University Grants Commission, UGC. These universities have complete right on the method they want to opt to select candidates for the course.
State Private Universities - These are private universities of state and offer admission in the Distance MBA course through a merit basis. These are best choices for candidates searching distance MBA University in India.
Distance MBA offered by National Open University or IGNOU -
IGNOU is a central open university which offers admission to students of all over India twice a year once in July session and other in January session. IGNOU distance MBA admits students in distance MBA through entrance exams conducted on a national level. It offer best distance learning MBA programs in India.
Distance MBA offered by DEIs at stand-alone Institutions
Professional Associations - These are institutions that offer various professional courses along with distance MBA, and admission to these institutions are offered based on marks of graduation. These are best distance MBA colleges offering professional courses.
Government Institutions - These are government-aided institutions that offer distance MBA at a lower price. These offer top distance MBA programs in India and are best college for distance MBA.
Private institutions - These private institutions that offer distance learning MBA programs in India and are certified by UGC and NAAC.
Key benefits of online distance MBA
- Money-saving - Distance MBA is a flexible and affordable mode of pursuing an MBA. It is highly cheap, i.e., 1/10th of regular mode MBA and several colleges offer cheap distance MBA in India.
- Flexible mode of study - Long distance MBA in India offers students a flexible mode to pursue the course. Distance MBA course in India can be pursued by working professionals from any place of their choice and according to their convenience with the continuation of their job.
- Recognized by regulatory bodies - Distance MBA in India is offered by colleges that are approved by UGC\'s Distance Education Bureau (DEB). You can see about the status of approval of any distance MBA program by visiting the DEB website. UGC has given distance MBA in India equal weightage with a par to regular MBA.
- Carrier upscaling course - Distance MBA program in India assists in upscaling your job profile by assisting you in gaining a Managerial position in your company and salary hike. Various Distance MBA colleges in India are offering distance MBA course with placement and have industry course curriculum highly to make you ready to have a managerial position in your company.
MBA India distance learning Specializations
MBA in India distance learning opens a world of opportunities for candidates and assists in enhancing one\'s career in the field of business management. Distance MBA in a particular specialization gives you an edge over others. The Indian education system has offered a plethora of opportunities for working professionals as they can choose any of the specializations in the MBA through distance course according to their area of interest. There are various features of specializations of university MBA distance. These are mentioned below-
- Human Resource Management ( redirect hr specilization )
- Finance management ( redirect to finance page )
- International Business ( Redirect to international business )
- Marketing (redirect to marketing specilizaion )
- Operations ( redirect to operation )
- Information technology ( redirect to it )
- Entrepreneurship (Redirect to ent )
- Business Analytics(Redirect to B A )
- Banking ( Rediret to banking)
- Hospitality management (Redirect to hospitality)
However, with time and technology, business needs are changing. Business schools and students are moving towards newer MBA specializations, such as Business Analytics, Digital Marketing, Global MBA, etc. MBA degree in new areas such as Health Care Management, Communications Management, Innovation, Hospitality, and Tourism, are also emerging.
PGDM Versus MBA
MBA means Master degree in the subject of Business administration whereas PGDM means PG diploma course in management. Basically, both Primary and Government universities offer MBA course, however, only Business-schools or colleges offer the PGDM course.
PGDM is a diploma course whereas MBA is degree course. Most of the students think that the diploma course has not that much value like degree course which is not true.
The program offered: The government university offers 2000 programs of MBA course and private university offers 500 programs of MBA course.
On the other hand, IIM offers 20 programs of PGDM course and Private Colleges offer 500 programs of PGDM course. Focus point: If students want to enhance the employability skills of them then they can go for the course of PGDM. However, if the students want to enhance their corporate career as well as their academics then they can go for the course of MBA.
Syllabus: The core syllabus of PGDM course and MBA course is almost same. The private or individual institute determines the syllabus of PGDM course and for this reason; flexibility is seen in the curriculum of PGDM course. According to the requirements of the industry, the institute changes the syllabus of PGDM course every year. On the other hand, the universities change the syllabus of MBA course after some days.
PGDM course is suitable for those people who want to be the entrepreneur in the future. Cost factor: The tuition fee for MBA is lower than the course of PGDM as the government universities offer the MBA course. On the other hand, the institutes of PGDM course need to bear the entire cost of the program of PGDM course which is not an ironclad rule.
Approving authority: Basically, HRD Ministry, AICTE and Indian government approves the institutes of both courses MBA and PGDM however; the MBA universities are only approved by UGC.
Eligibility criteria: Various options of entrance examination for the PGDM course are available which are such as MAT, CAT, ATMA, XAT and many more. On the other hand, only State Level examinations for entrance are available for the MBA course, which are such as MHCET and TSICET.
Innovation practices: In the course of PGDM, the innovation practices are seen which are such as multidimensional teaching as well as the learning process, presentations, simulations, cases, and the short-term process of training. On the other hand, an MBA degree course very limited innovation practices are seen.
Reasons for choosing the courses: The reasons for choosing the course of PGDM are mentioned below.
- The course structure is industry oriented.
- Various specializations are available.
- It provides a preference for higher studies.
- Provides the experience of actual time business world.
- The faculty is experienced.
- Programs are job oriented.
- Better learning opportunities.
- Better job-based skills.
- Best financial aid.
On the other hand, the reasons for choosing MBA course are it is a degree course, it has the global acceptability for the employment, and it is backed by the university.