Venketeshwara Open University(VOU)
The main vision of the university can be defined by the three major characteristics:
- Enterprising Mindset
The university not only provides transformational learning techniques but also has the flexibility. This result in adding value to the partners associated with Venketeswara Open University. The university provides productive engagement of students as well as professionals. This allows the students from different backgrounds like different country, cultures, socio economic and educational to be a lifelong learner. The emphasis is also on the growth of the skills and capabilities based on real business scenarios. This allows the students to become confident, creative, ethical citizens.
The mission of Venketeswara Open University is its commitment to provide flexible learning methodologies so that the students can compete in the world. A unique experience is provided to the students which help in creation of better world. This is done through research and knowledge exchange between the business and the students. The institute has a world class faculty and this leads to highest quality of learning. This helps the students to deliver outstanding education portfolio.
Features of Venketeswara Open University:
The below points discusses on the various features of Venketeswara Open University:
- The institute has a flexible and Open system.
- Study Materials are provided for self learning.
- Learning Environment is Independent for the students
- Support services can be found in any part of the country.
- Regardless of socio economic status equal opportunities are provided.
- All the programs are professional and productive
- Learning programs are cost effective.
- World wide networking is available.
- Tools and techniques used are latest. E-learning facility is also provided
- Web-Portal for the institute is dynamic in nature.
- Availability of Student Management Learning System.
- Lot of online facilities are available. For example On-Line admission.
The university is organized into 5 different schools which are mentioned below:
- Management School
- Computer Information and Technology School
- Humanities and Social Science School
- Library and Information Sciences School
- Education School
The distance education is used to provide more flexibility to the student. This way a student can manage job as will pursue higher studies. The distance learning is powered by the concept of Edusphere. This allows the student to have convenience as well as more control over the study. To take admission in Venketeswara Open University the candidate should complete graduation from any of the UGC recognized university.
The following MBA courses in which the university offers admission:
- MBA-Marketing Management
- MBA-Human Resource Management
- MBA-Information Technology
- MBA-Project Management
- MBA-Finance Management
- MBA-Retail Management
- MBA-Operations Management
- MBA-Entrepreneurship & Leadership Management
- MBA-Banking & Insurance Management
- MBA–Healthcare & Hospital Management
- MBA–Travel & Tourism
- MBA–International Business
- MBA–Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- MBA–Industrial & Quality Management
- MBA-Oil & Energy Management
- MBA-Rural &Agri Business Management
- MBA-Infrastructure & Construction Management
- MBA-Materials Management
- MBA-Health & Safety Management
- MBA-Hospitality Management
|Name of the course||Fee structure||Onetime payment|
Free online certificate course-
Free online certificate course helps an individual to gain a critical knowledge in the specific area online. After completion of the course a certificate is provided online confirming that you have completed the course and have specialized skill. One can concentrate on a singular course or concept there by attaining a niche skill.
In the today’s world the courses are changing continuously at an exponential rate. With this constantly changing course structure one can try to learn new courses by utilizing the online certification program. One such example is Udemy (however this is not free). The online courses allow you to browse though the varying list of courses and based on your requirement you can select the course and go through it. The courses you are interested can be taken based on the review from other people. Generally a course which is marked four or five star can be enrolled.
Free online Certificate course allows a person to browse through multiple topics for example creating of website, blogging, marketing through internet etc. All such topics are covered in this program. Also, base on the review one can pick a quality courses and go through it there by updating his\her skills.
There are many reasons that lot of courses are free. This helps in bringing awareness among the internet users and also helps in the enrolment in variety of courses. Few of the sites also provide coupons which results in massive discounts on many courses. You can reach out to the course instructor and request him\her to provide the coupons.
The below points are for the instructors who are looking to give free courses:
- Listing in social media to provide free coupons
- In your mailing list send the coupon code.
- One can submit to many available coupon sites and blogs
- Twitter can be used to create #Free courses.
- Instructors can promote their course by guest blogging in other sites.
- Be part of podcast interview and leave a coupon URL
- Using these type of promotional methods an instructors can secure a lot of students and can impart the knowledge.
Certification helps a student or an individual to expand their knowledge as well as skills. There are instances where a lot of colleges or other sites impart free education. One such example is MIT OpenCourse Ware. A lot of free lectures, notes, videos are provided by MIT. As many as 1800 courses in 33 academic disciplines has been published by MIT. In many cases the entire curriculum is shared by MIT. The best part is one does not require any registration to learn these courses. Individual can take advantage of these educational materials.
Another such example is OpenCourseWare(OCW) consortium. This course provides university level educational materials and is a licensed digital publication. The courses available on this site can be used by anyone at any point of time. These also include the planning and evaluation tools.
THIS ARE THE ORGNAZATION
Alison, Edx, Coursera, Guru99, Open2study, etc.
Symbiosis for distance MBA/PGDM
Symbiosis centre of distance learning provides correspondence education to the students all over the world. Students from around 45 countries are part of this distance program. MBA(Masters in Business Administration) is one of the most sought after courses of Symbiosis.
Symbiosis distance program is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC). This program is prepared in such a way that the students get the chance to learn new skills and gain knowledge according to the business needs in the real world.
Symbiosis is a private university and courses offered are mentioned below:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-primary Teachers Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Law
Symbiosis provides both single and dual specialization over the duration of 2 years. The maximum duration for the completion of course is around 4 years.