B.Ed Distance Education
Teaching is one of the most respectful and responsible profession because teachers are responsible for building the future of children and the nation. Various courses help students in gaining skills and knowledge related to different contexts of teaching and assists them in becoming a successful teacher. From the plethora of available courses, B.Ed is a nationwide accepted teaching course. B. Ed is available in both regular and distance mode. B. Ed distance education is one of the best modes of pursuing B.Ed. We have shared complete details related to B.Ed Distance education to remove all your doubts about Distance B.Ed
What is B.Ed distance education?
B.Ed admission through distance education is a professional teaching course. In Distance learning, B.Ed students get the flexibility to complete a B.Ed degree from any place and time of his or her choice without attending the college. In B. Ed Distance Education complete study material is shared online via PDF or video means, and the student gets an opportunity to learn from the comfort of their home. It also offers flexibility to students to continue their jobs side by side of their B.Ed degree.
Objectives of B.Ed admission distance
- The main objective of B.Ed admission distance mode is to help working professionals who are interested in becoming a government or private teacher in gaining knowledge in various aspects of teaching.
- To help students to learn about the sensitivity of language diversity in classrooms and how effective communication between teachers and students can bring a change in learning outcomes.
- To systematize the functioning of schools to help students in gaining more out the course curriculum.
- B.Ed admission distance education is cheap as compared to regular B.Ed. Thus offering an opportunity for poor students to pursue B.Ed and become a successful government or private teacher.
Required skills to be an excellent teacher
Being a successful teacher is not an easy task. It requires a specific set of skills to become an excellent teacher. These skills include-
Good organizational skills.
- Quick learner
- Critical Thinking
- Communication skills
Duration of B.Ed admission through distance education
B. Ed Distance Education is a two years professional course. However, students are also given the flexibility to complete distance B.Ed within five years. Some colleges, including UP Rajarshi Tandon Open University (UPRTOU), also offer one-year B.Ed.
Eligibility criteria for distance education B.Ed
Distance learning B.Ed has different eligibility criteria than regular B.Ed. A student must have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation to be eligible to apply for distance learning B.Ed. Distance Education B.Ed without teaching experience is also available in the Indian education system and is highly chosen by students.
Who can apply for distance B.Ed course
- Individuals having work experience of a minimum of 2 years as teachers in private schools and colleges are eligible to apply for B.Ed Distance Education.
- Individuals who have completed a teaching specific program in face-to-face mode are also eligible to apply for B.Ed.
Entrance exams for B.Ed distance learning program
Admission in B.Ed Distance learning program in some colleges is made based on their respective entrance examinations. B. Ed Distance Education IGNOU conducts its national level entrance exam twice a year for admission in B.Ed. Various states also conduct entrance exam for admission in B.Ed.
Major entrance exams for B.Ed distance learning program include-
- UP B.Ed JEE
- IGNOU B.Ed
- BHU UET
- IPU CET
Top university providing distance B.Ed
There are hundreds of colleges in India offering B.Ed Distance Education. Only a few are excellent universities offering Distance B.Ed. These top universities include
- IGNOU, Indra Gandhi National Open University
- UP Rajshiri Tandon Open University
- Annamalai University
- Rabindranath Tagore University
- Directorate of distance education, Kurukshetra University
Advantage and disadvantage of B.Ed admission through distance education
The distance-learning mode of Education has several advantages and disadvantages. Few of them include-
Advantages of B.Ed admission distance education
- It offers flexibility to do the course with the continuation of job
- It helps in saving time and money.
- It provides flexibility to learn according to your capabilities.
- It provides the freedom to study at any place and any time of your choice.
- Excellent career and salary hike.
Disadvantages of B.Ed admission distance
- Chances to be stuck on complicated technology.
- Lack of face-to-face interaction with faculties.
- High chances of lack of concentration and distractions.
- Lack of friends to do group study and have discussions on doubts.
Introduction to B.Ed course for regular college
B. Ed is a two years degree that assists in developing all skills and qualities required to become a good teacher. During this course, the candidate gets in-depth knowledge of educational psychology, holistic education, educational evaluation and assessment, human values, and philosophy of education. It is a mandatory course if you want to become a teacher at the pre-nursery, primary, nursery, secondary, and senior secondary level in schools or to become a professor at the college/university level.
The course curriculum of the B.Ed covers detailed knowledge of education and relationship building among teachers and students. In this course student also learns various ethics and values including patience, discipline, understanding, and perseverance.
B.Ed key Highlights
Course Level - Bachelor\'s Degree
Full-Form - Bachelor of Education
Duration - 2 years
Eligibility - 50-55% marks in graduation degree
Admission Process – Merit or entrance exam
Course Fee - Up to 1.5 Lakh
Average Salary - Up to 4 Lakhs per annum
Specializations - B.Ed (Accounts), B.Ed (English), B.Ed (Maths), B.Ed (Sanskrit) and others
Career Prospects - Counsellor, Teacher, Consultant, Education researcher, Content writer, and others
B.Ed course Duration
B. Ed course duration is two years divided into four semesters each of six months.
B.Ed admission criteria
B.Ed admission minimum percentage should be 50% in Graduation or Post Graduation from a recognized university or college of India is eligible to pursue a B.Ed degree. Universities take B.Ed admission charges to offering admission in B.Ed.
B.Ed admission after B.Tech is also possible as government is encouraging these sharp-minded candidates to bring a revolution in education industry.
B.Ed admission age limit - Persons of any age group can pursue B.Ed. However, a student must be of a minimum of 19 years to pursue B.Ed course.
B.Ed admission fees
Fees of B.Ed course varies from college to college and lies in the range of Rs 30,000 to 1.5 Lakh for private as well as government universities.
Skills taught in B.Ed course
A well-qualified teacher should have some appropriate set of skills and qualities. B. Ed course does an excellent job of putting these skills within the student. Some of the skills taught during the course are-
- Subject-specific skills and knowledge
- Student Psychology
- Educational Technology
- Communication skills
B.Ed admission procedure
Admission to most of the government and private institutions in B.Ed in Delhi NCR and India is made based on the merit of the entrance exam conducted at the national or State level. Candidates are advised to go through the admission brochure of the university to which he is interested in pursuing B.Ed. Usually, the B.Ed entrance exam starts in May and June every year. B.Ed admission notification 2020 and B.Ed admission form 2020 are released and B.Ed admission open now and deadlines are near for B.Ed admission online form. So do not waste this wonderful opportunity for B.Ed admission 2020
Major B.Ed entrance exams
Every year several central and State universities conduct their entrance exam for admission in B.Ed. Major B.Ed entrance exams include:-
1. IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam
B.Ed admission in IGNOU is a highly demanding course because of it\'s best quality course curriculum and low fees of B.Ed. It conducts a national level entrance exam of B.Ed twice a year to offer admission to a 2-year B.Ed program offered at various PSCs (Program Study Center) of IGNOU across the country. Its entrance exam is conducted by NTA ( National Testing Agency).
B.Ed admission eligibility IGNOU
The student must have a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation to be eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Education IGNOU.
Key Highlights of B.Ed admission in IGNOU 2020
B.Ed admission date in IGNOU – April last week
Conducting Body - National Testing Agency
Total No. of Seats - 50 per PSC
Mode of Exam - Offline (Pen and Paper Mode)
The medium of Exam - English, and Hindi
Duration of Exam - 2 Hours
Type and Number of Questions - 100 Objective type MCQs
No. of Sections in Question Paper - 2 (Part A and B)
2. IPU CET
IPU CET is Indraprastha University\'s standard admission test conducted yearly by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University to offer admission in the B.Ed course. It is a national level entrance exam and provides admission to various colleges affiliated to central government university, Indraprastha University.
3. Banaras Hindu University UET
Banaras Hindu University conducts its undergraduate level entrance exam to offer admission in various undergraduate courses, including BA, B.Com, BCA, B.Ed, and other courses.
UP B.Ed JEE
UP B.Ed JEE, also known as Uttar Pradesh Bachelor of Education joint entrance examination is a state-level entrance exam conducted on a yearly basis to offer admission in the B.Ed course. It plays an important role in process of B.Ed admission in UP in various government and private colleges of Uttar Pradesh.
Syllabus of B.Ed entrance exams
All B.Ed entrance exam contains questions of following subjects including:-
- Math ability and mental ability Questions
- Language Ability test
- Subject Test (Arts, Science, Commerce)
- Teaching aptitude test
- General Knowledge
- Current affairs
Specializations in B.Ed
Bachelor of Education in Delhi and India is available in various specializations. These B.Ed specializations include:-
- B.Ed (Economics)
- B.Ed (Education of Handicapped)
- B.Ed (English)
- B.Ed (Geography)
- B.Ed (Home Science)
- B.Ed (Information Technology)
- B.Ed (Malayalam)
- B.Ed (Maths)
- B.Ed (Natural Science)
- B.Ed (Accounts)
- B.Ed (Arabic)
- B.Ed (Biological Sciences)
- B.Ed (Business Studies)
- B.Ed (Child Development)
- B.Ed (Commerce)
- B.Ed (Computer Science)
- B.Ed (Physical Science)
- B.Ed (Sanskrit)
- B.Ed (Social Science)
- B.Ed (Special Education – Locomotor and Neurological Disorder)
- B.Ed (Special Education)
- B.Ed (Special Education) (Learning Disability)
- B.Ed (Special Education) (Mental Retardation)
- B.Ed (Special Education) (Visually Impaired)
- B.Ed (Tamil)
Syllabus of B.Ed
B. Ed course curriculum is designed in a way that student gets knowledge about teaching methodologies by both modes; classroom-based training and practical exposure.
B. Ed complete course is divided into four semesters. We have mentioned the complete semester wise syllabus of B.Ed course.
- Childhood and Growing up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Language across the Curriculum
- Understanding ICT and its applications
- 1Learning and Teaching
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Assessment for Learning
- Engagement with filed tasks
- Creating an inclusive school
- Health, Yoga and Physical Education
- Gender, school and society
- Reading and reflecting on texts
- Understanding the self
- Arts in education
B.Ed career prospects
There are many job opportunities in government as well as the private sector after pursuing a B.Ed degree. These job opportunities include-
Career opportunities in Government sector
- Teacher in government schools
- Lecturer in colleges and universities
- Education counselor in rural and urban education centers
- Syllabus framer in various government organizations
- Education Researcher
- Career opportunities in the Private sector
- A teacher at private schools
- Teach at private tuition centers
- Education consultants
- Vice Principal
- Content writer
- Education consultant
- Admission counselor
- Online Tutor
Further studies opportunities
Post completing B.Ed you can pursue a Master in Education, M.Ed, and can pursue Ph.D., and qualify NET exam further to become a professor in government and private universities in India.
Salary offered post B.Ed
Post completing B.Ed you can become a government teacher and have a salary of range ? 35,000-50,000 or become a private teacher and earn a salary of ? 20,000-50000.
Up to INR 3 Lakhs
Up to INR 3 Lakhs
Up to INR 2.8 Lakhs
Up to INR 6 Lakhs
Up to INR 4.5 Lakhs
Benefits of B.Ed
B. Ed is a highly recommended degree if you want to become a government and private teacher. It helps in gaining knowledge on various principles of learning and teaching. It helps in learning the psychology of students. The Major benefits of B.Ed include-
- Job satisfaction - Job satisfaction is the major component that every individual sees before joining any job profile. B. Ed offers an opportunity to become a government teacher who offers an excellent salary with 5-6 hours jobs duty. This helps in making a balance between professional and personal life. Thus offering better job satisfaction.
- Job security - Post completing B.Ed, you can appear for central and State level teaching eligibility test, TET, and then becomes government teacher with 100% job security and better future of you and your family.
- Great respect - Teacher is a respectful job in the society, as they are known as society builders so are given great respect in society.
Top B.Ed Colleges in Delhi
B. Ed is the most prestigious and nationwide accepted teaching-oriented course in India. There are hundreds of colleges in India that are offering a B.Ed degree. However, there are only a few major universities that are offering B.Ed in Delhi. We have shared complete details related to B.Ed universities in Delhi to help you in getting B.Ed admission in Delhi.
Delhi B.Ed universities offering B.Ed are:-
- Indra Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU
- Delhi University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
1. Indra Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU
IGNOU is a central government open university offering various courses. Bachelor of Education, B.Ed, is a highly demanding course of IGNOU because of its best quality course curriculum and low fees of B.Ed. B.Ed admission of IGNOU is done based on national level entrance exam of B.Ed twice a year to offer admission to a 2-year B.Ed program offered at various PSCs (Program Study Center) of IGNOU across the country. Its entrance exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). The student must have a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation to be eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Education IGNOU.
Key Highlights of exam
- B.Ed admission last date IGNOU – April last week
- Conducting Body - National Testing Agency
- Total No. of Seats - 50 per PSC
- Mode of Exam - Offline (Pen and Paper Mode)
- The medium of Exam - English, and Hindi
- Duration of Exam - 2 Hours
- Type and Number of Questions - 100 Objective type MCQs
- No. of Sections in Question Paper - 2 (Part A and B)
Delhi University is a central government university. It offers a variety of courses through its various affiliated colleges. Delhi University has 90 colleges with 87 departments & 13 centers.
B. Ed from Delhi University is a highly popular course. It offers several benefits, including less B.Ed fee, high-quality study material, excellent faculty, and it\'s brand value. Delhi University provides B.Ed in both regular and correspondence mode.
Delhi University B.Ed admission Highlights
- Exam conducting body - Delhi University
- Paper pattern - DU B.Ed Entrance Exam consists of MCQ type, which is of 100 marks divided into four parts.
Paper-I consists of questions from G.K. & Teaching Aptitude
Paper-II consist of Reasoning
Paper-III comprised of questions from Subject knowledge up to class X
Paper-IV consists of Language Proficiency in Hindi & English.
- Commencement of Registrations - May First week
- Form filling last date - May last week
- DU B.Ed entrance date - Second week of June
- DU B.Ed entrance result - First week of July
3. Jamia Millia Islamia University
Jamia Millia Islamia University is a central government university. If offers various courses in regular and Distance mode. Jamia Millia Islamia B.Ed is a two years professional teaching course available at a low fee. Jamia Millia Islamia conducts its national level entrance exam for admission in B.Ed every year.
Jamia Millia Islamia B.Ed admission Highlights
- Exam conducting body - Jamia Millia Islamia
- Total B.Ed seats - 200
- Commencement of Registrations - February every year
- Form filling last date - March every year
- Jamia Millia Islamia University B.Ed entrance date - April
- Jamia Millia Islamia University B.Ed entrance result - May
4. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Indraprastha University is a central government university that offers B.Ed under its school of education college and through various colleges affiliated to it. B. Ed from I.P. University is famous nationwide because of its low fee, highly skilled professors, and excellent study material. Indraprastha University conducts its national level entrance exam by name IPU CET B.Ed entrance exam.
Indraprastha University B.Ed admission Highlights
- Exam conducting body - Indraprastha University
- Total B.Ed seats - Approximately 200
- Commencement of Registrations - April First week
- Form filling last date - May first week
- Jamia Millia Islamia University B.Ed entrance date - May 3rd week
- Jamia Millia Islamia University B.Ed entrance result - May 4th week
- Exam pattern - IPU CET B.Ed checks students in the following subjects:-
Apart from these top 4 universities, there are also a few good B.Ed colleges in India.
List of these colleges include-
- 1. Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education
- B.K. Institute of Education and Technology, BKIET
- Guru Nanak College of Education
- Aditi Mahavidyalaya
- Lady Irwin College
- Amity Institute of Education
Top B.Ed colleges in Haryana
B. Ed is two years teaching program that is offered by colleges affiliated to NCTE. It prepares students for various roles and contexts in contemporary schools to make them succeed as a schoolteacher. The program offers practical education in school teaching using disciplinary courses and electives and provides a platform to gain specialized knowledge in various subjects of teaching.
B. Ed admission is the most awaiting moment for lakhs of B.Ed aspirants. There are several universities in Haryana that offer B.Ed admission haryana. Out of several colleges, three significant universities offer admission in B.Ed in Haryana. B. Ed from MDU, B.Ed from CRSU, and B.Ed from K.U. are the most famous B.Ed colleges in Haryana. We have shared complete information related to each of these universities to assist you in getting admission in B.Ed.
MDU, Maharishi Dayanand University
MDU is also known as Rohtak University. It was established in 1976. It is one of the best universities in North India. It is affiliated to University Grants Commission, UGC. It provides an opportunity for candidates to pursue excellent quality B.Ed from its affiliated colleges spread all over in Gurgaon, Rohtak, Sonepat, Farukhnagar, and Jamalpur. A student should have a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation to be eligible for B.Ed.
MDU provides several benefits to its students in comparison to other universities. These benefits include:-
- Huge education campus
- Highly qualified and skilled faculties.
- Job opportunities.
- East admission process
- Time to time counseling.
- Hygienic and tranquil infrastructure.
- Less B.Ed fee concerning other private universities in Haryana.
It offers an excellent opportunity for students to serve as a teacher in private as well as government sector.
B.Ed admission process in MDU
B.Ed admission MDU Rohtak is made based on marks scored by the candidate in Graduation. The student needs to fill the application form for admission to MDU in B.Ed.
Important dates for B.Ed admission MDI Gurugram Haryana
Application start date - First week of April
B.Ed admission last date in MDU - Third week of April
Entrance exam date - Mid of May
Entrance exam results - First week of June
2. Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University (CRSU)
Chaudhary Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) is established by the State Legislature Act 28 of 2014 and is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is also known as Kurukshetra University Postgraduate Regional Centre. It is located in Jind, one of the oldest districts of Haryana.
Admission in CRSU is made based on the marks scored by the candidate in Graduation. Every year CRSU accepts application form for B.Ed admissions. All students having more than 50% are eligible to apply.
Admission important dates
- Application acceptance start date- First week of July
- Application last date - Last week of July
- Display of Phase 1 merit list – First week of August
- Display of Phase 2 merit list – Last week of August
3. Kurukshetra University, K.U.
Kurukshetra University is approved by University Grants Commission, UGC, and it offers a B.Ed degree approved by NCTE. It is established in 1957 and is located in Kurukshetra, Haryana. It has 457 colleges affiliated to it, and most of them offer B.Ed degree. It offers two years B.Ed course affiliated by NCTE.
Admission to Kurukshetra University in Haryana is made based on marks scored by the candidate in Graduation. A student should have a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation to be eligible to apply for the B.Ed course.
Essential dates for B.Ed admissions are-
Online registration - First week of August
Online registration end - Last week of August
Counseling - Last week of August and the first week of September
Few of the best colleges of Haryana affiliated to MDU, CRSU, and K.U. are-
- Seth Banarasi Das College of Education
- Lala Ami Chand Monga Memorial College of Education, Ambala
- B.R. College of Education, Kurukshetra
- Lord Krishna College of Education, Ambala
- K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon
- Manav Rachna University, Faridabad
- Apeejay Satya University, Gurgaon
- Lingaya\'s Vidyapeeth, Faridabad
Top B.Ed colleges in Uttar Pradesh
B. Ed is one of the top teaching courses. It is accepted in almost all central and State government-teaching jobs. Therefore, every year, lakhs of candidates apply for B.Ed. However, choosing the most appropriate college for B.Ed has always been a challenging task for students. We have come up with Top B.Ed colleges in Uttar Pradesh to assist you in choosing the best college for your B.Ed.
Admission in B.Ed in all colleges of the U.P is made based on the state-level entrance exam conducted every year.
Highlights to B.Ed admission 2020 in UP
Commencement of Registrations for B.Ed admission UP - Second week of February every year
B.Ed admission form UP last date - First week of March every year
UP B.Ed JEE entrance date - First week of April
UP B.Ed JEE entrance result - Second week of May
Application fee B.Ed admission UP 2020
General category candidates - 1500Rs
SC/ST candidates - 750 Rs
B.Ed admission eligibility criteria in UP - Students should have a minimum of 50% marks if he has pursued any graduation course in science, social science, and humanity. While category candidates can apply with 45% marks also.
If the candidate has pursued B.Tech, then he should have a minimum of 55% in Graduation, while category candidates can apply with 50% marks also.
Number of Paper - 2
Marks for correct question - 3 marks per question
Negative marking - 1 mark per question
Total marks - Paper 1 - 300 marks
Paper 2 - 300 marks
Paper 1 syllabus - General Knowledge - 50 Question
English/Hindi - 50 Questions
Paper 2 Syllabus - Mathematics - 50 Questions
Reasoning - 50 Questions
- Banaras Hindu University, BHU, Varanasi
- Lucknow University, L.U., Lucknow
- CSJM University, Kanpur
- Amity University, Lucknow
- DAV College, Kanpur
- Amity Institute of Education, Noida
- Forte Institute of Technology, Meerut
- INMANTEC institutions, Ghaziabad
- HLM Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad
- RKG Education college, Lucknow